25 for 365
Another trip around the sun, some rules to help you get it done:
- Give a damn.
- Look after yourself.
- Always question whether it needs to be a deck.
- Find your circle and protect it.
- The work we do is a privilege, remember that.
- It’s probably not the client’s fault.
- You’re right, but we’re not ready.
- The conditions will never be better than now.
- Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.
- Trust your gut. But remember confidence can feel like knowledge.
- One step ahead might be enough for now, but not for long.
- Never settle.
- Never stop learning.
- Tell the truth (bs never works long term).
- Don’t use quotes if you don’t know where they’re from.
- It’s probably been done before, so respect that, but do it better.
- Be yourself. Don’t try to fit in, you’re a standout.
- Your job title doesn’t determine your impact.
- We’re all designers. Don’t kid yourself.
- Say no.
- Write it down, it’ll be useful later and your future self will thank you for it.
- Slow down.
- The rules are made up, so the rules don’t matter.
- Do your timesheets.